Pages

Sunday 1 May 2016

#BEDM Day 1: Introduce Yourself

brunch5


So I set up the blog and haven’t written anything yet. Hmmm. Unsure of how to begin the whole thing. My fiancée Diane (also a blogger under the name of ‘Nomad Seeks Home’ suggested that I start with the #BEDM (Blog Every Day in May) challenge and so here is the first day.

Apparently I’m supposed to write a bit about myself. Name’s Chris, prefer to be known as ‘Topher’ though. I am 28, engaged to a beautiful woman called Diane and we live with our two cats Pickles and Luna. I have lived in Manchester most of my life and love it, but my family are originally from the West Country and when the sun comes out I look forward to visiting family down in Devon and Cornwall.

Most people would see me as a chubby nerd with a dark sense of humor and a sharp tongue but in reality I’m lovely and harmless! The type of nerd who loves fantasy fiction rather than comic books, I’m a huge fan of the authors Terry Pratchett, Tolkien, Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson. Currently own WAY too many books and have to crack on with reading them all. I do all the usual nerdy stuff, play videogames and watch many horror and zombie films. I’m stereotypically also into metal music, in particular power metal band Blind Guardian, who I’m going to see twice this month. Also a huge fan of the bands Amon Amarth and the wonderfully named Rotting Christ. I’m basically powered by power metal and caffeine.

BUT! There is also much more to me. Unlike many nerdy folk, I’m an avid sports fan. Bet you weren’t expecting that. Love me some football and American Football. Supporter of Liverpool and the Minnesota Vikings, perhaps because I crave disappointment. Hoping to go to an NFL match when we are in the US for our honeymoon.

The most surprising thing about me after reading this is that I am a huge softy. I genuinely love my other half so much and realize how lucky I am to have her. The cats are a close second though and are sometimes more willing to give me a cuddle! Became a huge Disney fan thanks to her and Disney World is now tied favourite with Bloodstock Metal Music festival as my ‘happy places’.

What I Like:
  • Vikings winning football matches
  • Wizards and dragons
  • Power Metal
  • Pizza
  • Disney World

What I don’t like:
  • Clothes shopping
  • Hipsters
  • Romance
  • Paying more than 3 quid for a pint
  • People

What I secretly like:
  • Romance
  • People
Can I just say how proud I am that I got this out on the day with just over 15 mins to spare! 

No comments:

Post a Comment