Pages

Monday 2 May 2016

#BEDM Day 2: Monday Musings




Day two of the BEDM challenge, here we go!

So here is another Bank Holiday Monday and of course it has been grey, cloudy and very wet. So my musings and question for this post is, what do you do on a rainy day? Wet and grey days are common here in Manchester and something you get used to pretty quickly. Luckily, as a nerdy person I have several ways of keeping myself entertained during these kinda days.

Obviously with Diane working from home I am lucky(?) enough to have her company, as well as the two kitties to talk to/chase around/watch sleep. I find that having someone else, even a cat, around makes me feel a lot better when I’m confined by the house (albeit because I just don’t want to get wet). It’s nice to be able to talk to/at someone every now and then. Even though we have the option of social media for company, that doesn’t feel quite the same.


There are piles and piles of videogames, books and films in our house which haven’t been played, read or watched before, so they are a great means to keep myself entertained whilst Diane works or wants a break from my constant chatting! So I can just plonk myself in front of the TV and keep myself occupied, especially if there is sports on as well. Having recently been unemployed for a while, I would often feel guilty for playing games etc. at home, even if id applied for jobs. But now I can do these things knowing I’m enjoying some well earned time off.

Typically, as I’m writing this and discussing things that I do when the weather sucks, the sun and blue sky have appeared. But, as I’m halfway through a mission on a game I think I’ll still stay inside. I may open a window.


What do you guys do when the weather isn’t great or you have a day in the house?

No comments:

Post a Comment